Folabi Ojekunle Talks On NFF Legend 11, NPFL, Coaching Career In An Exclusive Interview


Folabi Ojekunle, a former player of defunct Nitel FC of Lagos, shared with us how he started his coaching career after his playing days, the growth of the Nigeria Professional Football League, and the NFF Eleven which was recently done in Lagos few days back.

Can you introduce yourself
Folabi Ojekunle : My name is Folabi Ojekunle, a former player of Nitel football Club of Lagos and currently a manager at Aquinas Football Club Belfast Northern Ireland, and also a Scouting Coach at Tottenham Hotspur London, United Kingdom

How did you kick-start your coaching career?

Folabi Ojekunle: I started my coaching career in 1993 while I was still playing for Nitel Football Club Of Lagos, I also play for Nigerian Railway Co - Operation before moving to Nitel in 1993 and my first coaching course was at National Institute For Sport Surulere Lagos Nigeria in 1996 - 1997 but I thank God today I have now acquire many certificates including level 1 coaching certificates with Licensed number 3223 and my highest certificate is UEFA "B" coaching license with IRISH FA in Northern Ireland.

What's your reaction towards NFF legend 11?

Folabi Ojekunle: I applauded NFF, the sponsor aiteo and every other persons who made this overdue legendary award possible, in my opinion I was expecting the likes of Emmanuel Okala, late rashidi yekini, Stephen Keshi to be included but all things been equal I still appreciate the NFF president Amaju Picknik, the Vice President Seyi Akinwumi, Ahmed Fresh, Emmanuel Ipkeme, Shehu Dikko and other executives members that I can't mention for the successful award
night, although there are lapses that night which I count as minor, becaus it does happen in events but I believe all has been noted and will be taken care of in the next one. I urge Nigerians to make a constructive criticism because no one is perfect.  This present NFF has done what has not been done in the past years, the legendary award is overdue and I thank them for these initiatives...

How would you rate NPFL so far in the ongoing season?

Folabi Ojekunle: Brilliant, the league management board and the NFF have done well in my opinion compared to how it used to be in the past, they engage the league coaches in a refresher courses by organising a coaching clinic by bringing an instructor from Arsenal FC in England to tutor our premier league coaches, I now saw a Nigerian league where a teams comfortably get 3 points or a draw away from home, I saw an atmosphere where the fans turn out in masses to watch and cheer their darling team to victory and also the referees are not left out in trying their very best by giving good officiating all this has really transformed the four teams that represent Nigeria in the CAF champions league and CAF confederation cup to come out in a flying colours also the CHAN with a silver medal in just concluded CHAN tournament in morocco.

Your final words?

Folabi Ojekunle: I want to use this medium to thank God almighty, I also thank and appreciate my family and fans, my sincere appreciation goes to the general  manager of ABS football club Alloy Chukwuemeka, The Chairman of the club Mr Seni Saraki and the entire management for their support so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3SC Claim PDA Pre - Season Tourney

Nigeria qualify for 2019 U23 AFCON finals . NFF praises President Buhari; lauds Okowa, Dare