Brahimi Beats Enyeama To BBC African Footballer of The Year Award

Super Eagles skipper and Lille shot stopper Vincent Enyeama lost the prestigious BBC African Footballer of Year Award 2014 to Algerian and and FC Porto winger cum striker Yacine Brahimi.

The 24-year-old Yacine Brahimi who shone like a million star at the 2014 FIFA World Cup held in Brazil last summer, becomes the first Algeria player to be crown with the award.

He scooped the award with the highest vote gathered from BBC follower and footballer fans across the World. Others are Vincent Enyeama, Gabonese Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ivorian duo of Yaya Toure and Gervinho.

Speaking with BBC after he received the award Brahimi was honour and dedicates the award to the people of Algeria.

"It's a big honour for me to receive this wonderful trophy. I owe it to my country, Algeria, and to all the people who voted for me." the Porto winger told BBC Sport.

"It's also a trophy for the whole of Africa, because it rewards an African player. So I am really very happy.

"This trophy is going to give me more strength, more desire to work, to get better, to learn so that I can keep having great performances." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3SC Claim PDA Pre - Season Tourney

Nigeria qualify for 2019 U23 AFCON finals . NFF praises President Buhari; lauds Okowa, Dare