I Am A Strong Supporters Of Sports - Gombe State House Member Says


BY: ECHE AMOS

Member representing Billiri-East Constituency at the Gombe State House of Assembly, Honourable Rambi Ibrahim Ayala, says he can't hide his strong admiration for sports.

Honourable Rambi stated this in an interview with yours truly at the grand-finale of the 31st Edition of the CBN/NFF ALL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS FOOTBALL COMPETITION held at the Lafia City Stadium, on Saturday last weekend.

According to the House Committee Chairman on Water Resources and Environment, he has been a very strong supporter of sports at all levels.

"I love sports a lot, especially football. Back at my Constituency, I get involved in sporting activities, though not as a player, but I ensure I contribute my quota to the growth and development of sports, most especially football, which is why I am in Lafia."

"Coincidentally, the team that won the third-place play-off of the CBN/NFF Football Competition today, Tangale Micro Finance Bank FC, is from my Constituency"

"They have done their best to come third."

" I am glad! It's so gratifying to see them play and win after a very hardfought game."

"I know it will only get better."

Explaining the level of Sports Development in Gombe State, the Bsc.Sociology and Anthropology and Msc. Criminology holder as well as Final Year graduate of Laws, opines that the State is doing well.  

"Sports Development in my State is going pretty well, especially in my Local Government Area."

"So, permit me to speak on my Constituency. It might interest you to note that the third-place winners today are in the lower tier of the Nigerian Football League. That's Division Two after gaining promotion from Division Three Amateur."      

"And I believe that some of these boys, in no distant time, will graduate into world-class players, wearing national colours, and exported out to play professional football."

"So, for us in Billiri Local Government Area, and across Gombe State, we have an avalanche of talents that, once once properly harnessed, of course we are doing that already, could become one of the best in the world."  

"But rest assured that Government has set up various modalities to fastrack sports development in the the State."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3SC Claim PDA Pre - Season Tourney

Nigeria qualify for 2019 U23 AFCON finals . NFF praises President Buhari; lauds Okowa, Dare